Review: Audubon, On The Wings Of The World

Audubon, On The Wings Of The World Audubon, On The Wings Of The World by Fabien Grolleau
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book offers some great illustrations and a fun telling of the "career" of John James Audubon. I recommend it, but for cover-to-cover readers I suggest reading the notes in the back before starting with the colorful narrative, as the context will help in what can get fairly scanty in terms of the subject's full story. I have known about Audubon for many decades and in those same textual notes at the end, the author (French) claims that for Americans JJ Audubon is the most well known historic Frenchman, next to Lafayette (I guess I might have thrown in Napoleon). I am trying to get a little bit engaged in the "Graphic Novels" department and this was a great start!

View all my reviews

Comments