Review: Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century

Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so pleased that my local library system came up with Nomadland as a recommended read for me! I decided to give it a shot, and it ended up as one of my more memorable books from the past couple of years, with similarities to Evicted, but hitting on so many interesting topics I have been curious about. This starts with the overnight-or-longer "urban campers" I see regularly over by one of our more out-of-the way city parks, and includes the subculture of Baby Boomer workers who, in their RVs, seasonally descend on Amazon warehouses. I found the author's bio in her Twitter account as writing on subcultures, and that she does, very well. Subcultures have one of my major interests tied to my many years, practicing and teaching in the marketing field. While reading and now after finishing Nomadland, I find myself telling people about the "boondockers" every chance I get!

View all my reviews

Comments