Some advice, taken, on reading for the new year


I enjoy keeping up with Ryan Holiday (@RyanHoliday) and his thoughts, and subjects like stoicism and reading. In a recent Medium post, A reading list for becoming a better citizen and person, he had one bit of advice near the end that really caught my attention.

But if I had one final recommendation for reading this year, it would be this: Pick three or four books you’ve already read, that had a big impact on you, and read them again.
In my case, it was an easy choice, as I had already just purchased this classic: Crossing the Chasm, by Geoffrey Moore (@geoffreyamoore). I will have comments in the coming days or weeks, but so far so good. This classic, originally published in the 80s, was revised five years ago, and the reading has been great, as I have really just begun, with lots of fun to follow!

Comments