Pinterest Printing

Product Hunt had fun with alliteration on this one!
 It seems like it has been way too long since my last "(fill in the blank) Printing" post, once a staple of Jim Lyons Observations. Going back to 2007, and beginning with my "iPhone Printing" , I have been around for a wide variety of similar posts, summarizing questions, tests, and news related to new gadgets and platforms, and their abilities to generate hard copy.

After installing the Chrome Extension, I needed a little refresh on Pinterest Boards
So, in the spirit of "way too long", comes this note on printing for that very popular social media platform, Pinterest. I am a long-time Pinterest member, thanks to another social-media-savvy family member, but truth be told, very light on the usage axis.

Clean, fresh graphics guide new users of Printerest
In searching Product Hunt for a coming monthly Observations feature, Pinterest Printing from Printerest (a "say that three times" special) percolated to the top of print- and printer-related innovations, of the type that Product Hunt is famous for. It seemed only natural to give it a whirl. It's a Chrome browser extension, and after refreshing my crowded brain with just what Pinterest does and how it works (e.g. what's a board?), it worked like a charm. The solution is from normally.com, and their story is detailed on Medium, in a piece titled "Let go, and let users. How Pinterest wouldn’t let me build something for their users. So I built it anyway."

Comments