Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Printing from a bank web site - pretty important!

My primary bank has recently upgraded their website, one I've depended on for many years now. There are some new things to learn, but overall, I like the look and feel, and after several months, I am still finding new features I like. And here's one I just was reminded about, via this popup (see screenshot above) - printing! When it comes to financial info, we clearly need hardcopy fairly frequently, and kudos to my bank for seeing the wisdom of making it efficient and easy.

2 comments:

fortboise said...

"When it comes to financial info, we clearly need hardcopy fairly frequently..."

Really? Almost all of our accounts have e-statements (and/or e-billing), and I mostly don't have occasion to commit PDFs to paper any more.

Jim Lyons said...

Great point. I guess my defense would be that "fairly frequently" is a relative term, so in our case I am guessing that's an average of once a year, maybe at tax time or if there's a reconciliation issue of some kind that is aided by having something that can be marked up. But as far as archiving, never.