New Zealand success story -- a blog to print (publication)


While we've discussed the ability to print from blogs here in the past*, a friend in New Zealand passes along this most interesting blog-to-print success story, with a whole different meaning, about a community-news-oriented blog, named, of all things, The Flying Pickle.

What started as a local suburban news blog became a print publication, in a fascinating "reverse migration" of sorts. A summary of the story is now available. And recommended!

*in fact it went by without comment some weeks ago, but I've implemented the Blogger version of HP's (NYSE HPQ) blog-printing tool. More on that later.

Comments

Jim Lyons said…
Interesting note -- in searching for something else I found coverage of "The Flying Pickle" elsewhere.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/who_says_print_is_dead_local_blog.php
Anonymous said…
I just want to say that I really love this website and I love this blog and I love New Zealand! I love meeting new people and love chatting on blogs and so I have made my own blog, its for people for Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. It is called 'Experience - New Zealand' and is my first blog, it is unlike this blog but is also a lot of fun - checkout: (http://www.experience-dating.com/free-online-dating/free-online-dating/new-zealand.html)