Google Presentations and more enhanced printing

As regular readers might recall, I'm both a user and sometimes critic of Google (NASDAQ GOOG) Documents, I was excited to see more "print enhancements" featured in the "Just Launched" section of their latest "What's New" update.

Unlike the traditional Office Suite business, where new versions seem to come out every four years or so (i.e. 2003, 2007, ...), with Service Packs every year or two in between, the nascent Web App biz seems to be able to roll in new features and benefits whenever they're ready. I posted just a month ago (see "Google Docs now with enhanced print capability") about better printing from the "word processing" module of Google Docs (which is also referred to as "Docs"*), and in that brief post I anticipated better printing from Google Presentations coming next.

Well, a month later, here it is..."More print options for your slides
Now you can print 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, or 12 slides on a single sheet of paper. Save trees and still get useful handouts to share!" As I noted in my post on a September 2007 test drive (see "Web-Based Application Printing -- Google Presentations") the old "2-up" limitation was way too restrictive. Good news, Google! And my first hands-on trial, just now, seems to work pretty, pretty good!

* In SAT terms, Office is to Word as Docs is to Docs.

Comments