Review: A Gentleman in Moscow

A Gentleman in Moscow A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bill Gates made me do it, and I loved it! I like how his synopsis sums it up: "...an amazing story that anyone can enjoy." This book is one of Bill's Five Summer Reads for 2019 (https://www.gatesnotes.com/About-Bill...) and I made it the first of the five to take on. It was long, but easy and fun reading with enough background to make it very educational as well. Having taken a lifelong learning course on Russia recently, with another one due for the Fall, I am grateful for all the cultural references - I feel it made me a bit smarter, especially on Russian literature, where I am starting from pretty close to nothing. (And who knew Bill Gates has read everything ever written by Dostoyevsky?)

View all my reviews

Comments