Review - Rising up from Hatred

Rising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White NationalistRising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White Nationalist by Eli Saslow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The true and gripping tale, more than a bit terrifying, of the American White Supremacist movement, and one young man's years-long process of breaking away from it. I found this book to be educational, causing me to look differently at the day's political news, in a less-than-favorable way. The saga of the defection of the movement's heir apparent, despite extreme family and peer pressure, is an admirable one. I saw interesting parallels with another one of my favorite books of the past year or so, Educated, that one a memoir of course, while "Rising up from Hatred" was penned bu Pulitzer Prize-winner Eli Saslow.


View all my reviews

Comments